We have a job opportunity in the Netherlands for an Engineer with a Bachelor Degree in Electronics, Electrical or Mechatronics with great worldwide job growth opportunities.
You would be working for one of the leading and innovative companies in laser technology and production. Our client is a worldwide player and defines the technical standard in machine tools for sheet and material processing in laser technology, electronics and medical technology.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILTIES
As a Proto Support Engineer you will provide onsite support by performing installation, upgrades, repairs and maintenance of complex equipment and systems. Troubleshoot system malfunctions, or with the support of a team of experts abroad, solve system malfunctions. Represents the customer service training in the use and maintenance of the systems.
• Analyse, diagnose and troubleshoot systems by telephone or onsite.
• Carry out installations, repairs, retrofits, upgrades as well as preventive maintenance on customer systems.
• Provide regular assistance, guidance, leadership and technical assistance to junior service engineers.
• Maintenance and organize installed base. You would be the contact for customer on all sorts of issues, attend customer service meetings and keep the customer up to date through effective and regular communication.
• Provide service training to customer’s technical staff.
• Available to possibly work abroad for short periods of time to support foreign colleagues.
• Records all activities according rules and contributes to the development of sound technical documentation.
• Good growth opportunities within the organization worldwide.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics
• 0 – 3 years of work experience
• Knowledge of optical systems and setting up, calibrating them is a plus
• Good command of the English language both spoken and written word
• German language skills are a plus
• Sharp analytical skills to be able to analyse or troubleshoot simple and complex distortions and report or correct
• Proactive; have the ability to take initiative and not to wait
• Result oriented personality; with expertise, tact and determination to achieve results
• Willingness to follow courses in Germany
• Willingness to stay overnight during work shifts and schedules
• Willing to rotation of fault services during evenings and weekends
• Customer satisfaction is high on your agenda
• Driving license B
• Willing to work in a 5 shift schedule
• In possession of a valid certificate VCA.
You will first receive a 2 year contract with several evaluations during that period to evaluate your performance and integration. After this initial period of 2 years, you will have the chance to be offered a permanent employment contract. Our client is only interested in engineers that are willing to commit themselves for longer period. This is not a position just for 1 to 2 years because there will be a significant investment into your personal development.
This program ensures that international engineers are fully supported in the move to and integration in the Netherlands. The employer will assist you with the following:
• Helping you in the search for housing nearby the job location.
• Setting up a Dutch bank account
• Applying for the BSN number at the Dutch tax office
• Applying for the Dutch health insurance (everybody who is working in our country needs to apply for our health insurance. Depending on the health package you choose for this will cost around € 70,- up to €100,- per month.)
• Employer offers a basic course in the Dutch language